VALENTINE PARTY BENEFITS 85 FOSTER KIDS
Meghan's Craft Kits hosts a Valentine’s Day party to raise money for a handful of local kids in foster care—and walks away with enough to serve 85.
Tigard, Oregon: On Friday, Meghan’s Craft Kits hosted a Valentine’s Day party at Play Boutique, a modern indoor play space with a bounce house, a jungle gym, and an upscale café with healthy, kid-friendly snacks and meals. All the money raised will be used to provide family-oriented Craft Kits to 85 Portland children who have recently been placed in foster care.
Twenty families showed up to the party to craft, play, enjoy Valentine’s Day sweets, and bid on products and services from Portland businesses including Play Boutique, Happy Candles, Portland Leather Goods, and Gurton's Plant Shop. Local bakery Love Hope Cookies also donated to the event.
For just $20, each family received:
- Materials and inspiration to make unique Valentine's Day cards
- Two hours in Play Boutique's bounce house and jungle gym
- Festive snacks and refreshments from local bakers
- The opportunity to bid on unique products and services
- The chance to win a free Valentine's Day Craft Kit from Meghan's Craft Kits
- The chance to win a free handmade leather journal from Portland Leather Goods
For additional raffle entries, attendees could bring new or gently used clothing or toys for Meghan’s Craft Kits to donate to With Love, a local foster care resource.
About Meghan’s Craft Kits, LLC: Meghan's Craft Kits delivers boxes of family-oriented crafts, games and décor for holidays, birthdays and other special occasions. It was founded in July 2017 by Meghan McCloskey. The goal of the organization is to ease the transition into foster care with simple crafts and activities that promote bonding and enable a healthy outlet for expression.