6 ways to play with a box of conversation hearts
Who knew there were so many fun things you could do with candy hearts? Instead of just eating them, take the opportunity to play one of these games with your creative, curious kiddos first:
1. Play a classic game of tic tac toe.
2. Sort them by color, then by phrase. Estimate the number in each pile before you count them up—and eat them!
3. Write a Valentine's Day story. Use the candy hearts in your story by pasting them right onto your piece of paper.
4. Drop your candy hearts into a cup of water one at a time. Do the different colors react differently?
5. Stack them up! Who can stack the most before they fall over?
6. Make paint! Dissolve candy hearts of the same color in a tiny cup of water. After letting them sit for an hour or so, microwave for 30 seconds. Add flour to thicken. Add food coloring to make the color pop. Finally, paint with your fingers or paint brushes! (The "paint" smells amazing, and you don't have to worry about the baby putting it in his mouth!)