Make an American tissue-paper flag
This simple craft is so much fun for kids (and parents!) of all ages. Bonus: you can save your artwork to use as a Memorial Day or Independence Day decoration for next year—and the year after!
Red, white and blue tissue paper, cut into 3x3" squares
Elmer's non-toxic glue
White construction paper and pen or pencil
1. On the construction paper, draw a flag outline as shown in the picture above.
2. Put many dabs of glue inside the top rectangle, evenly spaced.
3. One piece at a time, lightly crumple the red tissue paper and place it on the glue.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until your flag is filled in, placing red tissue paper wherever you see a 1, white tissue paper wherever you see a 2, and blue tissue paper where you see the 3.
5. To fill in the gaps, continue to add glue and cover with tissue paper. The more tissue, the better!